Senior Person In Charge Of Possession Recert (SPICOP)
Those who will undertake the duties of a SPICOP.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Know the role & responsibilities of a PICOP compared to SPICOP.
- Demonstrate an high level of written & verbal communications.
- Describe the planning process & discuss best practice at meetings.
- Obtain information required for a published possession & worksites.
- State the procedure when a possession is taken & what arrangements used & recorded.
- Demonstrate the procedure for authorising work to start.
- Demonstrate the procedure for authorising multiple train movements.
- State the requirements for using radio communications to control movements.
- State changeover procedures.
- Demonstrate the procedure for suspension & handback of a worksite.
- State the procedure for giving up possession
What do you need to attend this course?
- COSS/IWA must be held.
- You must currently hold the SPICOP comptency or be within the 8 week grace period (from date of expiry)
- Have successfully completed all assessment within the competency cycle
- Have at least four entries in your log book
- Must hold the required medical level.
- Have a good level of literacy.
What happens after I pass the course?
Your track safety card will be updated An interim assessment (between 9 and 15 months after the rectification course) must also be completed.