Senior Person In Charge Of Possession (SPICOP)
This course is for those who will undertake the duties of a Senior Person In Charge Of Possession
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Know the role and responsibilities of a PICOP compared to SPICOP.
- Demonstrate an high level of written and verbal communications.
- Describe the planning process and discuss best practice at meetings.
- Obtain information required for a published possession and worksites.
- State the procedure when a possession is taken and what arrangements used and recorded.
- Demonstrate the procedure for authorising work to start.
- Demonstrate the procedure for authorising multiple train movements.
- State the requirements for using radio communications to control movements.
- State changeover procedures.
- Demonstrate the procedure for suspension & handback of a worksite.
- State the procedure for giving up possession
What do you need to attend this course?
- Must hold the required medical level.
- COSS/IWA and PICOP must be held.
- Have a good level of literacy.
What happens after I pass the course?
Your track safety card will be updated to include Probationary (P) SPICOP. You must complete the SPICOP workplace assessment within 4 months and must be accompanied whilst undertaking the duties until this is done.