Personal Track Safety DCCR (PTS DCCR)
A course for anyone who is required to work in area electrified by DC Conductor Rails (commonly referred to as either 3rd or 4th rails) must also undergo PTS DCCR training, even if the rails are isolated at the time. Examples of such areas are Merseyrail in Liverpool, Watford to London and the South East.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the Lifesaving Rules that apply to DCCR.
- Know how to deal with emergency situations.
- Understand the principal of the DC electrified system.
- Understand the pre-work briefing and work safely as instructed.
- Identify the conductor rail components on the track.
- Cross the track safely.
- Be able to identify insulated tools and how to inspect them before use.
- Identify hazards that could be present in isolations.
- Understand the three risk levels when working on or near to conductor rails.
- Be able to inspect, fit and remove conductor rail shields.
What do you need to attend this course?
- You must have a valid sponsor who will complete the booking form.
- A valid medical and alcohol/drugs test.
- You must have successfully completed the PTS AC course.
What happens after I pass the course?
Your Sentinel Track Safety card will be updated to include PTS DCCR.