Personal Track Safety Recert (PTS AC)
Anyone who is required to work "on or near the line" (within 3m of the nearest rail normally or 1.25m of a station platform edge) is required to be qualified in PTS. This includes lines that are either not electrified or have Overhead Line Electrification (OLE). Lines electrified by DC Conductor Rails (commonly referred to as either 3rd or 4th rails) also require PTS DCCR training.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the Lifesaving Rules
- Know how to deal with emergency situations
- Communicate effectively
- Understand the pre-work briefing and work safely as instructed
- Identify the areas of the track and features such as signage, electrification or telephones
- Cross the track safely
What do you need to attend this course?
- You must currently hold PTS AC or be within the 8 week grace period (from date of expiry)
- Have at least four entries in your log book.
- A valid medical and alcohol/drugs test.
What happens after I pass the course?
Your track safety card will be updated