Personal Track Safety AC (PTS AC)
Anyone who is required to work "on or near the line" (within 3m of the nearest rail normally or 1.25m of a station platform edge) is required to be qualified in PTS. This includes lines that are either not electrified or have Overhead Line Electrification (OLE). Lines electrified by DC Conductor Rails (commonly referred to as either 3rd or 4th rails) also require PTS DCCR training.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the Lifesaving Rules
- Know how to deal with emergency situations
- Communicate effectively
- Understand the pre-work briefing and work safely as instructed
- Identify the areas of the track and features such as signage, electrification or telephones
- Cross the track safely
What do you need to attend this course?
- You must have a valid sponsor who will complete the booking form set up your e-learning.
- An approved medical and alcohol/drugs test.
- You must have successfully completed the on-line PTS e-learning module.
What happens after I pass the course?
Your Sentinel Track Safety card takes approximately 1 week to arrive and will be ordered and received by your sponsor. We will issue a work experience log book in which to record your experience. This will help your sponsor determine when you no longer need learner support. Workers in learning support are required to wear a blue safety helmet (hard hat).