Person In Charge Of Possession Recert (PICOP)
For those who undertake the duties of a PICOP and have already done the full course.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Know the role and responsibilities of a PICOP.
- Demonstrate a good level of both written and verbal communications.
- Describe the planning process and what is discussed at meetings.
- Obtain information required for a published possession and worksites.
- State the procedure when a possession is taken and what arrangements are recorded.
- Demonstrate the procedure for authorising work to start.
- Demonstrate the procedure for authorising train movements.
- State the requirements for using radio communications.
- State changeover procedures.
- Demonstrate the procedure for suspension and handback of a worksite.
- State the procedure for giving up the possession.
What do you need to attend this course?
- You must currently hold COSS/IWA
- You must currently hold PICOP or be within the 8 week grace period (from date of expiry)
- Have successfully completed all assessment within the competency cycle
- Have at least four entries in your log book
- Have a good level of literacy.
- Must hold the required medical level.
What happens after I pass the course?
Your track safety card will be updated You must complete the PICOP workplace assessment within 9-15 months