Person In Charge Of Possession (PICOP)
This course is for those who will undertake the duties of a Person in Charge of Possession
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Know the role and responsibilities of a PICOP.
- Demonstrate a good level of both written and verbal communications.
- Describe the planning process and what is discussed at meetings.
- Obtain information required for a published possession and worksites.
- State the procedure when a possession is taken and what arrangements are recorded.
- Demonstrate the procedure for authorising work to start.
- Demonstrate the procedure for authorising train movements.
- State the requirements for using radio communications.
- State changeover procedures.
- Demonstrate the procedure for suspension and handback of a worksite.
- State the procedure for giving up the possession.
What do you need to attend this course?
- Must hold the required medical level.
- COSS/IWA must be held.
- Have a good level of literacy.
What happens after I pass the course?
Your track safety card will be updated to include Probationary (P) PICOP. You must complete the PICOP workplace assessment within 4 months and must be accompanied whilst undertaking the duties until this is done.