Protection Controller (PC)
Those who are required to take Line Blockages and share the protection with other COSS/IWA.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the Lifesaving Rules.
- Know the role and responsibilities of a PC.
- Understand and demonstrate a good level of both written and verbal communications.
- Understand the process and demonstrate ability to take and hand back line blockages.
- Understand the procedure for authorising work to start.
- Be able to effectively brief those sharing the protection.
- Understand the procedure when PC/COSS/IWA are relieved of duty.
- Understand the process when the line blockage is not handed back on time.
What do you need to attend this course?
- Must hold the required medical level.
- COSS must be held and is subject to a verification assessment at the start of the course. Unsuccessful candidates will not be allowed to continue.
- Have a good level of literacy.
What happens after I pass the course?
Your track safety card will be updated to include PC. You must complete the PC element with your COSS interim workplace assessment and recertification.