Individual Working Alone Recert (IWA)
This course is for those those who need to work alone on or near the line and already hold IWA
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the Lifesaving Rules.
- Know the roles and responsibilities of an IWA.
- Identify their location and access information about the site.
- State, understand and demonstrate the Safe System of Work planning process.
- Demonstrate use of the sighting distance chart and how this can be attained.
- Understand and demonstrate a good level of both written and verbal communications.
- Understand the process and demonstrate ability to take and hand back line blockages.
- Understand and state the process when working within a possession.
- Understand and state the process for working in a sidings.
What do you need to attend this course?
- You must currently hold IWA or be within the 8 week grace period (from date of expiry)
- You must have at least four entries in your log book and all assessments completed within the competency cycle
- PTS must be held and is renewed as part of the course so the minimum log book requirement must be met.
- Correct Medical Level
What happens after I pass the course?
Your track safety card will be updated to include both the PTS and IWA recertification You must complete your interim workplace assessment within 9-15 month of the course.