Individual Working Alone (IWA)
This course is for those who need to work alone on or near the line. The person must already hold Personal Track Safety.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the Lifesaving Rules.
- Know the roles and responsibilities of an IWA.
- Identify their location and access information about the site.
- State, understand and demonstrate the Safe System of Work planning process.
- Demonstrate use of the sighting distance chart and how this can be attained.
- Understand and demonstrate a good level of both written and verbal communications.
- Understand the process and demonstrate ability to take and hand back line blockages.
- Understand and state the process when working within a possession.
- Understand and state the process for working in a sidings.
What do you need to attend this course?
- Must hold the required medical level.
- PTS must be held and is renewed as part of the course so the minimum log book requirement must be met.
- Have a good level of literacy.
What happens after I pass the course?
Your track safety card will be updated to include both the PTS recertification and IWA. You must complete the minimum log requirements before your interim workplace assessment.