Engineering Supervisor (ES)
This course is designed to suit those who will undertake the duties of an Engineering Supervisor.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the Lifesaving Rules.
- Know the role and responsibilities of an ES.
- Understand and demonstrate a good level of both written and verbal communications.
- Know the difference between a line blockage and an engineering possession.
- Obtain information required for a published possession and worksite.
- State the procedure when a possession is taken.
- Demonstrate the procedure for authorising work to start.
- Demonstrate the procedure for authorising train movements.
- State changeover procedures.
- Demonstrate the procedure for handback of a worksite.
- Be familiar with the role of the PICOS.
- Understand the LCV process.
What do you need to attend this course?
- Must hold the required medical level.
- COSS/IWA must be held.
- Have a good level of literacy.
What happens after I pass the course?
Your track safety card will be updated to include Probationary (P) ES. You must complete the ES workplace assessment within 4 months and must be accompanied whilst undertaking the duties until this is done.